Diploma in Banking & Finance Exams
We offer both blended (classroom + digital training) and an online training module for job aspirants to successfully face the Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) Exams conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF).
It is our constant endeavour to maintain a high standard of training. This program's objective is to make every job aspirant ready for the Diploma in Banking & Finance exams through such training.
The banking and financial system of the country play a substantial role in promoting the long term growth of the economy. As per IMF and other expert committee reports, India is poised to become one of the largest economies of the world in a few years from now.
India’s economic growth coupled with opening of new private sector /payment banks and large scale retirement of existing personnel has resulted in a growing demand for professionally qualified manpower, endowed with skills & technology-familiarity for this sector.
To ensure a steady stream of industry ready professionals at the entry-level, the IIBF has designed the Diploma course for those aspiring for a career in Banking and Finance.
The DBF course gives knowledge inputs to the candidates and exposes them to the operational processes of banking environment such that they can man the counters at the bank from the first day of their joining the Bank.
Eligibility: 12th pass
Pattern of Exam: Online exam, twice a year (May/June, Nov/Dec) on Sundays. Medium of exam is English. No negative marking. Pass criteria is minimum 50 marks out of 100.
1. Principles & Practices of Banking
2. Accounting & Finance for Bankers
3. Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
BENEFITS OF DIPLOMA IN BANKING & FINANCE (DBF)
- The course will make the candidates job ready in Banking & Finance sector
- Diploma certificate issued by industry-recognised IIBF.
- Most employers value the Certification during talent scouting.
- Indian Banks Association (IBA) has approved the DBF examination conducted by IIBF as a desirable qualification along with other prescribed entry level qualification for recruitment in Banks.
- Details of successful candidates are made available to the member Banks/Institutions of IIBF such as RBI, SBI, public/private sector and foreign banks, and the resume of successful candidates will be hosted on IIBF’s website for information of member banks.
- Candidates who have passed the DBF exam would have a competitive edge over other candidates and would be preferred over other candidates by banks and financial institutions.
- Diploma in Banking & Finance is a preferred professional qualification (along with graduation) for employment in Banking and Finance industry.
Minimum 50 out of 100 marks for passing each subject.
Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt would also be declared as having completed the Examination.
Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination as mentioned below:
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass examination within stipulated time period of two years are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- Time limit of 2 years begins from the date of application for first block. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate does/does not appear for any examination.
Application for examination should be registered online on the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in
EXAMINATION FEES / REGISTRATION FEES: (For Non-members of IIBF)
Effective from 1st May 2020 (excluding taxes and other levies)
|1st Attempt Fee||Rs. 3,500/-|
|2nd Attempt Fee||Rs. 1,300/-|
|3rd Attempt Fee||Rs. 1,300/-|
|4th Attempt Fee||Rs. 1,300/-|
*Plus Convenience charges and Taxes as applicable please NOTE: Candidates are required to Register for every attempt seperately
Medium of examination: English language only.
Duration of examination: 2 hours.
“Class of pass” criteria
- The Institute will consider the first physical attempt of the candidate at the examination as first attempt for awarding class. In other words, the candidate should not have attempted any of the subject/s pertaining to the concerned examination any time in the past and has to pass all the subjects as per the passing criteria and secure prescribed marks for awarding class. Candidates re-enrolling for the examination after exhausting all permissible attempts as per the time limit rule will not be considered for awarding class.
- First Class: 60% or more marks in aggregate and pass in all the subjects in the first physical attempt
- First Class with Distinction: 70% or more marks in aggregate and 60 or more marks in each subject in the first physical attempt.
Cut-off Date of Guidelines /Important Developments for Examinations:
- In respect of the examinations to be conducted by the Institute for the period February to July of a calendar year, instructions / guidelines issued by the regulator(s) and important developments in banking and finance up to 31st December will only be considered for the purpose of inclusion in the question papers".
- In respect of the examinations to be conducted by the Institute for the period August to January of a calendar year, instructions / guidelines issued by the regulator(s) and important developments in banking and finance up to 30th June will only be considered for the purpose of inclusion in the question papers.
BReTS has developed the courseware to cover the syllabus of DB&F and the two stages of online training consist of lessons and practice tests:
Stage I - Lessons: are explained through a total of over 100 power point presentation slides. Utmost care has been taken in updating the provisions of banking and other relevant laws /instructions issued by RBI, Central Govt, SEBI, Govt Authorities etc. and other latest developments in economy/banking & Finance sector.
Stage II - Practice Tests: 45 Practice Tests (15 Practice tests each for three subjects) covering 5,400 questions as per syllabus & exam pattern of DB&F. Each Practice Test contains 120 questions to be attempted in 120 minutes. Along with self-evaluation system, detailed solutions/explanations provided for all the answers will help candidates to discern the answers comprehensively.
The frequent changes of rules and regulations taking place in Banking/Finance sector are also incorporated to ensure updating of lessons and practice tests.
- Research has shown that online learning helps an average student to fare nearly 18% better than learning in a traditional classroom.
- Online training at anywhere, anytime, and at one’s convenience.
- Opportunity to practice and re-practice at one's own pace & convenience.
- Facilitates skill development and hands-on experience to face online exams better. Highly cost effective.
- Mock tests enable candidate to gain the knowledge to achieve speed & accuracy.
- Self-evaluation of performance and opportunity to measure the progress. Opportunity to revisit & review the questions/answers.
While online learning has its own benefits, we also offer classroom training to enable students to have interaction with tutors and to familiarise themselves with technological aspects of answering questions.
Duration of the online Course: 6 months & 1 year.